Careers - Why Join Farm?
Farm, a Flex company, has over 45 years of experience providing award-winning development services for medical, life sciences, and consumer healthcare companies. Our talented researchers, designers, and engineers work in a highly collaborative environment on innovative products designed to improve people’s lives. At Farm, you’ll learn from bright, like-minded individuals excited to tackle the world’s healthcare technology challenges.
Located in Southern, NH, our employees have the best of both city and country living with a convenient drive to Boston, the ocean, and the mountains. We attract talent from all over the world and offer competitive salaries and benefits.
We are looking for a Senior Human Factors Engineer to join our team! The successful candidate will be responsible for research and usability activities at Farm. He or she is directly involved with the design, development, and execution of research protocols. The Sr. Human Factors Engineer receives general direction from the VP of Research & Usability, but works with minimal supervision and is expected to exert independent action and initiative. He or she provides direction, supervision, and support to team members assigned to projects.
Here is a glimpse of what you’ll do…
- Acts as Senior Researcher and Lead on client programs. Is responsible for deliverables, budgets, schedules, and activities.
- Undertakes user research, such as ethnography in healthcare settings, focus groups, preference tests, and usability tests (both formative and summative). Develops research materials, such as protocols, scripts, and data collection instruments. Analyzes research data and produces deliverables suitable for HF/UE files.
- Implements a variety of user-centered design methods, such as workflow analysis and personas. Optimizes user interface design by integrating usability and ergonomics.
- Works on interdisciplinary teams with designers and engineers to analyze and evaluate data, conduct HF evaluations, and generate concepts, product specifications, and usability goals.
- Utilizes and further develops state-of-the-art protocols, standards, systems, and research techniques.
- Manages outside suppliers for participant recruiting and research facilities, language translation, etc.
- Authors’ documentation compliant to relevant standards for client medical device development programs.
- Provides accurate, well-defined, and articulate verbal and written presentations to clients.
- Interacts with the design and engineering disciplines to develop good processes, close working relationships, and successful products.
- Supports business development efforts by leading prospect meetings and sales presentations and authoring proposals.
Here is some of what you’ll need (required)…
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in human factors, usability, engineering psychology, and/or research from an accredited school and 5+ years of work experience or a combination of education and relevant work experience.
- Sufficient maturity to interact with Project Managers in a cooperative and productive manner with little supervision from the VP of Research & Usability.
- Expertise in a range of user-centered design methods.
- Highly developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Project management experience.